Friday, July 03, 2009

Injury and Workout

So this week has been a little slower than expected. Monday was promising. I did my normal weights routine(Sculpt 1-2) with a little more weight on biceps, and took Chloe on a short walk. Tuesday I had a great interval run, with 1 minute interval of slower running, 1 minute of running at about .5mph faster, and 30 seconds at .4 mph faster or more sprints. I finished 6.04 miles.

On the other hand, I also fell down the stairs on my back. I felt okay but sore on Tuesday. Wednesday I felt bad; my back (and upper butt) was throbbing with little with little provocation. I took Wednesday as a rest day.

Yesterday, Thursday, I went to run because my soreness was only bothering me if I bumped my bruised bits. I walked for a little while, but when I started to run, by bruised bits started to wiggle up and down as I ran. Running wasn't too bad except for the pain as I hit the treadmill step after step. I ended up walking about 3.2 miles, much of it at an increasing incline.

I've come to the end of this week with a conclusion: I need to add more calcium to my diet. If I can fall this easily during my early thirties I need to have hips of virtual steel for my old age. Clumsiness is such a curse.

No comments: