Thursday, July 16, 2009

Boxing and kicking and sore wrists fun!

I started boxing at my new boxing gym yesterday. I took a half hour kickboxing class yesterday and today. It's fun punching and kicking the wavemasters, and my endurance can just about hold up to the 30 minute classes. Hopefully in a couple of weeks, I'll be able to hold up for an hour class once a week. The thirty minute class goes really fast, too.

The gym is less than a mile away from my house (though in bad traffic, it may take an extra ten minutes to make that left turn), and cheaper than the Y. It has less hours and less by way of facilities (2 treadmills, 1 elliptical and a weight room), but if I can run there or at Maryville 15 miles a week and take three classes I should be pretty good by way of fitness.

My hands and wrists and knuckles are a little sore today, as well as some of the muscles in my shoulders and around my knees (though not the actual joints, which is fine and preferable to that stiff joint pain I usually get.) For joining today, I got a 30 minute personal training session tomorrow, which I'm sure is meant to make me buy more personal training sessions, but I won't object to a little free advice.

Hopefully this new activity will shake up my routine and help me drop some inches.

No comments: