Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Creative

I haven't written anything non-schooly in a long time. Oooh, it would be fun to set up a long playlist for inspiring music and tap away at a storyline for a day. Some images have been haunting me as of late, kind of funny and sad at once. They'd work well in a story or a play or both.
Instead my writing must serve the man, and I continue to write endless scholarly book reviews and position papers with none of my characteristic spark or wit.
Looking forward to Serenity this weekend, and Veronica Mars' season opener tonight. Have class late tonight so I'm not sure when I will see either one yet. Due to a bad experience at a movie theatre on a Saturday night won't be going to the movies to see Whedon's latest this weekend either since I work during the day and refuse to go back to a crowded evening show. I can forgive someone who forgets to turn off his cell phone and it rings once- if he then turns it off. I can also forgive someone who might be expecting a genuinely important phone call, though even that person should use vibrate. But this joker answered his phone and had actual conversations. Four times, might I add. "Yeah man. I'm at the show. Yeah- we're watching Star Wars. It's okay."
Occaisionally when I get annoyed about these things the idea that I may be becoming crochety occurs to me- though in this instance I think that my annoyance was thoroughly earned.

No comments: