Friday, September 16, 2005

The Calm

After he does or says something horrible it's usually stiff for a few days, and then as it passes further in to the past it gets more like normal. Which is to say, not great, but at least I don't have to concentrate to not break into tears every few minutes.
Every once in a while one of the things he said to me just breaks through me like a knife and punctures the semi-safety bubble that grows over time. I range between sadness and outrage. Everyone who knows anything about this wonders why I continue to put up with this.
Sometimes I don't know anymore.
Once, years ago, he used to make me very happy.

3 comments:

Jenette said...

Blogs are so great, because you can use them as your personal muse. I hope writing things down helps to sort them out in your life. I'm bookmarking your blog.

Katie said...

Thank you so much for commenting on my blog - I am so sorry to hear you are so sad. I do not know what to say that will make it better, but know that I am thinking of you.


--Katie

Tiffany Fairbanks said...

As you just read, I know the feeling. I think I hang on for that time when things used to be good. I don't think it's coming back. I hope you figure it out. We got together in 2001 and have been broken up for going on 4 years and I am still not over it. Good luck to you.