Monday, July 17, 2006

State of My Personal Economy

I have officially been looking and applying for jobs since late March, and much more seriously since early April. I have been in the top two slot for two jobs. I have had a total of 4 (first)interviews for places that I would not be working a cash register. So far, I haven't even been able to land a basic part time job.

I don't know if this is just the darkest part of the night before the dawn, and I surely hope so, but it's time. Really. At this point I don't care where I'll have to live, as long as I make enough money to get by. I can't make it much longer on a wink and a prayer. Car insurance is due in 3 weeks. My divorce lawyer is billing me for another 250 dollars. I can only eat spaghetti so many nights in a row. I can only expect my friends to be understanding and stick to the free activities available to us for so many months.

I have lots of education. I have a masters in education AND my subject area. I've taed for 4 years, substitute taught as well, taught preschool and summer camp. Won't somebody give me a job? Please?

No comments: