Sunday, July 16, 2006

Late Night Indulgences

For the past few days I've been indulging a new guilty pleasure. When it gets late and dark, and my eyes aren't anywhere near drooping, I juice up my tivo and click onto the special folder of programming that my dvr has recently been accumulating. I'm watching Alias.

Last summer I picked up a DVD of the series to spice up my daily treadmill constitutionals. I enjoyed it- it's always nice to see a female kicking ass- but at the time I was already watching Buffy, working long hours, and taking a class two nights a week. Not to mention, some of the finer plot points were lost under the roar of the machine as I ran.

Recently I noticed that TNT had started cycling through the series again late in the night. I programmed the tivo to tape it, but between class, work, court, and finishing up getting the class ready to sell I've had little time to watch tv. This past week the house became ready.

It's a piece of fluff, but an enjoyable one. It's got a strong woman character, a dreamy French actor (who Zach Braf may have to fight to continue to have sole access to my affections as tv boyfriend), and of course, wigs.

Right now as I'm dreaming of sleep I'm thinking about what it would be like to be a spy. Broken marriage, realty, dog custody would all seem like a breeze if I were a world-class double agent seeking to take down a mercenary agency posing as a branch of the CIA. And wouldn't I look cute in that red wig?

Still looking for a job. Court was difficult. Still mending.

No comments: