Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Oh My!

There was a monster storm here tonight. There are tree limbs down all over roads, traffic lights are out, and some traffic light poles were blown to the ground. Some winds in excess of 80 mph were reported.

I myself do not have power. Yet luckily, my trusty laptop was charged to full power.

The real annoying part, other than a huge tree limb on my garage and no electric, is probably the irony of the temperature. It's been over 100 for 4 days in a row. It's finally bearable outside, and my house is still hot. I can't get any windows open except the one in the bathroom, which really doesn't give the house much of a breeze.

So I'm posting by candlelight, and as warm as hell. Well, probably not hell. But I wish my fan was working at the very least.

And I get to spend my day off sawing tree limbs. Not for the first time, let me tell you. I'm experienced. I've got it down to a science.

2 comments:

cmhl said...

how did the pre-trial go, & seeing the future ex? that can't be fun. hope your power (& a/c) is back on by the time you read this!

Monty said...

One of the things you might consider doing is going to your local Chamber of Commerce and meeting the executive director. Tell the Director that you have just become available and that you used to help run a small business and did a lot o administration, the drudge work. There is no special skills required so you can't be caught without a law degree or not being able to program a computer. Ask if the Chamber has any mixers where you can meet the local business community. Worse case, you see an opportunity to start a small business. Best case, you meet someone who needs help.

Here's hoping you're A/C and power are back and your legal issues work out. I'll stop back if you have any questions about Chambers of Commerce. Hang in there, attitude is everything, I think CMHL told me that.