Thursday, June 25, 2009

Workout Update


I'm not sore at all after yesterday's round of Tony Horton's Sculpt 1-2. I am also only a little winded after Jillian Micheals' Cardio Kickbox.

I won't say that it was a disappointing workout; I took it easy for the first half because her tapes usually kick my ass. I don't usually finish her tapes the first time through, and I usually have to grunt a lot while I'm doing them as well. Next time I do this tape (it will be a once a week easy day) I will push it from the beginning.

I'm hoping that it was easy because it's her only purely cardio dvd, or that I'm getting more fit, but it could just be an easier tape, I guess.

I was able to do this workout because my brand new Roku showed up today, and let me tell you, so far the thing is pretty darn cool. Yes, there are only about 12,000 titles on it so far, and many of them are older movies, but they have the Starz catalogue, a lot of old British shows I like, and a lot of the videos I own that I now feel a lot better about getting rid of. Since we decided (read, the Baker decided) that we aren't getting cable at the new place, it also provides me with an outlet for watching guilty pleasure shows like Xena when he's at work all weekend, instead of my much missed Mystery Diagnosis.

That does not mean, however, that I am not for tripling or quadrupling the catalogue and adding on Hulu or other online video sources as well, but it's worth it so far.

No comments: