Friday, June 19, 2009

New House

After one false move, in which we made an offer on a house we discovered needed about as much work as it was worth and then decided not to go with it, we finally found the house of our dreams for a little more than we would have liked but definitely a home we would not have been able to afford if it weren't for the housing slump. It's a beautiful tri-level in the suburbs, a mile north of the first house. I can't believe I've gone suburban again, but it is nice to be able to always have a parking spot in my own driveway. We moved in about 2 weeks ago, and there are still boxes all over the bottom floor, and many things that have not found places yet, but we're getting there.

After 3 years without a proper closet, I'm also ecstatic to report that I have two large ones; one in the master, and one in the guest bedroom. We also have 3 bathrooms. Some days I shower in a different bathroom just for fun!

This summer should prove to be rather busy. I'm teaching an online and an in-person course. I am writing an article for a book on Buffy, I'm prepping for my fall courses, and I'm trying to lose 20-30 pounds. Oh, and if I could fit in some work on my dissertation it would probably be a good idea, too. (And the Baker would probably be happy if I did some more unpacking.)

Tomorrow is my big initial weigh and measure in so that I have some standard to go by. I will then let you know about the trials and tribulations, the agony and the ecstasy, etc.

No comments: