Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Possibilities

Today was a busy day. First, I worked at the video rental place. It's nice to be able to go to work seven minutes away from home when I'm used to thirty. This afternoon I went to the public library to interview for a position working with children and teens. It's a nice job that I would like which pays poorly, though enough to live on. I won't hear back about it for about two weeks since they just started interviewing.

After that, I went for my interview with Starbucks. They don't pay as well as the video rental place, but the benefits sure are great! And after my recent trip to Chicago I have found myself addicted to java chip frappacinos, and working there would hook me up free of charge instead of subjecting me to the withdrawl due to my poverty.

I also found out that I may get to teach a class at one of the local colleges in the spring semester. This means that I may be able to teach two classes this spring, since another local college expressed interest in letting me teach a course as well. Each of them wants me to teach in one of my specific areas of interest, which would be really amazing, and the second college would have me teach a course never offered there before so I could create the course from whole cloth to suit my needs and interests. The schedule at the library would permit me to teach the courses, too, and the money would be helpful....

So it seems that there are more opportunities coming my way these last few days. I'm hopeful, but not too excited at this point since I have been this close to having a job before only before it was offered to someone else.

No comments: