Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Good Fortune

No, I haven't been the recipient of actual good fortune. But when I ate a fortune cookie today, this is the message I found inside it:

You should be able to make money and hold on to it.

Granted, it doesn't say I will be gloriously happy and satisfied and find love and make fat babies on a beach, but considering my present money woes I'll take it. I don't quite know what it means, but it sure sounds good. Will I get the library job? Maybe. Will I remain in retail hell for the year? Maybe. Will I sell the house and live among my conservative Baptist parents? Quite possibly. But it's all okay. Good fortune is on the way. I can feel it.

Whoever is out there, thank you for reading. It has helped me feel a little bit more solid than I would have otherwise. For the past 100 posts, this has been a helpful outlet. There have been some days when all I could do was cry out here in hopes that writing it all down could help a little. Hopefully you can stick by as I finally finish first and get out of Dodge!

No comments: