Thursday, August 17, 2006

The Day's Account

Here's the good: I got hired at Starbucks. I start Saturday. I would start tomorrow if I wasn't working my last day at the campus library tomorrow. And then at Blockbuster in the evening. Yay! Free frappacinos! Good benefits!

The bad: There is water damage in my ceiling under my bathroom without a visible cause. This is a scary prosepect in an old house, particularly an old house that is for sale.

The ugly: The stress of making ends meet is getting to me. My ezcema is revving up for a powerfully itchy and ugly attack. My elbows are raw, my legs are unshavable because of the smattering of little scabs. The respite I got in Chicago was lovely, but it upset the delicate balance. I've been consistently stressed for so long that my skin was on an even keel with an occaisionally itchy spot, but with the low stress brought on by vacation, even those itchy spots cleared up and my skin flipped out when coming back to the full stress that is my life. Mosquito bites due to the season don't do me much good either.

Miles to go before I sleep: I need to run four miles this evening, and am looking forward to getting on the treadmill this evening for a nice run after staying off my feet for a few more minutes. I'm watching the first season of Buffy again during my runs and anxious to move onto the second. Not to mention that I've been having a good couple of weeks with the running. My speed is picking up, my knees are not sore, and my endurance is increasing again. Life is easier to face when I can work it out on the treadmill.

1 comment:

cmhl said...

never mind about the prior comment, I now see you have quit the library to work at starbucks!!

I would think that would be a fun place to work.