Monday, March 06, 2006

Television- My Roommate.

I watch more television than I should. I really do. The problem is, I watch television when I'm bored and when I'm lonely, I watch more television when I'm stressed, and I watch even more television when I live alone. Suffice it to say, at this juncture in my life, I watch way too much television.

The problem is, I would rather have a more interesting and fufilling life than watch all my television. I would love to have tons of interesting friends and hobbies. However, I am scheduled within an inch of my life at the moment, and tv while doing my lesson planning and tv in odd lonely hours works for me right now. It takes time and money to make friends, establish hobbies. Time and money both being things I have in short supply.

I've heard it said that youth is wasted on the young. I say retirement and leisure is wasted on the old. I should be seeing the world and having a ball now instead of working my ass off for no money 60 hours a week. Through it all, at least I have my tv.

Countdown till my day off- three more days! Three more days until I can spend an entire day doing nothing of greater value than relaxing and having fun.

No comments: