Sunday, March 05, 2006

The Saga Continues

This week should be good- Friday I won't have teaching or class, and this means that I will have only 3 preps this week. And I will get an extra day free next weekend. Fun fun!

We move from the Renaissance into the Reformation this week. That should also be fun. I love the Reformation, though we probably won't get into the interesting sects that came from the reformation that believed that cursing was holy, or believed in group marriage....

Spent another few hours with the guy. Had a lot of fun. I still don't know whether it's a proto-dating thing or a friends-making thing. Oh well. It was kind of funny talking to him. We're definitely not two peas in a pod, but there are a lot of things we have in common. I kept agreeing with him and felt afraid I was coming off as too (ungenuinely) agreeable, even though I really did agree with what he was saying.

Both my dogs are here for the weekend. Darcy had a good birthday weekend, I hope. She got a long walk, a few bites of hamburger, and I sang happy birthday to her 3 times. I wonder which of the three things she appreciated the least!!! I can't believe my puppy is 5 years old.

I've decided that high school teaching is not for me. What is for me, or at least what I will do for money next year, is somewhat beyond me at the moment. Hopefully I'll have a little more time to figure it out in three weeks when I'm done teaching. I work way too hard at high school teaching and hate it too much to spend all that effort and time doing it.

I don't really know who I am anymore. I am trying to embrace that as something freeing instead of being scared at my loss of identity. My marriage and my cool house were pretty much the things I was most proud of in my life, and I always felt that as long as worthless husband loved me I could do anything for him. I know that's a precarious choice for an identity, but I do think that spouses should in part help to add to their partner's happiness levels. Too bad he didn't think so too.

I will try to post more than once this week. Just wait until 3 weeks from now when I'm done teaching- I'll probably be posting like crazy again on every topic from politics to love to the state of my belly button lint. I know I can't wait until I have the time to run more than once a week and do yoga, and do laundry and dishes on week nights.

No comments: