Thursday, November 16, 2006

Entertainments

Reading: Heart of the Matter by Graham Greene. So far I'm not far enough in for the book to form itself in a coherent narrative in my head, but the bits of Greene I have enjoyed in most of his books are peeking through, convincing me to read further. I find that the first few chapters of a book can take a while to hook one and give a book a presence in one's head like a memory or a particularly captivating person. Good books (and some sensational ones) tend to do that more quickly, but there are excellent books that have a slow burn.

Watching: Six Feet Under season 3. Nate was hotter with the stubble.

Listening: Jose Gonzalez. The song "Crosses" haunts me.

1 comment:

audrey said...

Jose Gonzales is truly lovely. I love his cover of "heartbeats".

I just finished One Hundred Years of Solitude. I found it beautifully written, with a structurally innovative technique and some really disturbing attitudes towards incest and pedophilia.