Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Day Off

Today is my much fabled day off. It's been over three weeks since I last had one. I really needed one. I punctuated my double shifts on Saturday with a minor car accident in the middle. My life sometimes really sucks. That is, when I think about it. Which, since I work so darned much, isn't as often as most people I think.

I haven't heard from the library. I suppose they could still be undecided, but I'm guessing I didn't get the job. This is a little bit sad. I would not have to work 60 hours a week there to not afford to pay my bills.

I got my first full paycheck from the video rental place, and my first check from Starbucks. Though it is nice to get paid, both checks were disappointing. To know that I am working too many hours and still can't pay all my bills is depressing. Not to mention, I can't keep up the kind of hours I'm pulling in for much longer. So my bills will fall even shorter from getting paid.

The rest of my schedule for my day off include running 9 miles, having dinner with a friend, and snuggling with my dog as well as returning some topsoil to Home Depot. I am also making my way through Charlotte Bronte's Villette. Virginia Wolff and George Eliot both wrote that this book was even better than Jane Eyre which is one of my favorite books. I am about 100 pages in. I also have some more classics waiting for me at the library.

I am incredibly excited to say I have two days off next week. What will I do with all that free time?

No comments: